I shared on Facebook the other day that my pants called and said they wanted their old belly back.
It’s true. I’ve perfected the art of avoiding going to the gym at 5:00 am and thought I’d share my insights with everyone:
1. Convince yourself that you really didn’t get enough sleep that night and the extra hour would make all the difference
2. When the alarm goes off, open up the Weather app on your iPhone and take a look at the temperature. 23 degrees is enough to keep anyone in bed
3. Remember that you’ve missed the previous four days and you wouldn’t want to mess up a good thing. If it happens to be Monday, remind yourself that Mondays are never a good day to do anything unusual. The need to prepare for the unexpected is paramount.
4. Forget to set the coffee schedule the night before. Trust me – you’ll remember that there is no coffee when that alarm goes off
5. Begin your Read Through the Bible in a Year schedule. It’ll buy you a good 30 days before you’ll need to employ another tactic
6. Plan on going at 3:00 pm instead when things are quieter at the gym and you are more awake
7. Convince yourself that you “need” some quiet time all to yourself to think and reflect
8. Stay up late the night before trying to get three stars and a new high score in Angry Birds
9. Convince yourself that your tummy ache really is real
10. Write a blog post at 5:00 am about how to avoid going to the gym at 5:00 am